Network Solutions outage?

n3td3v xploitable at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:04:02 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Vinny Abello <vinny at tellurian.com> wrote:

>        Did anyone else notice the withdrawal of 205.178.184.0/21? I
> couldn't reach Network Solutions or any worldnic.com DNS servers for
> at least 10 minutes from our network or any route server I tried on
> the Internet. All were on this /21 which was no longer being
> announced from any perspective I saw.
>
> Vinny Abello
> Network Engineer
> Server Management
> vinny at tellurian.com
> (973)300-9211 x 125
> (973)940-6125 (Direct)
> PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A
>
> Tellurian Networks - The Ultimate Internet Connection
> http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN
>
> "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
> fear" -- Mark Twain

Hi,

"Meanwhile, in the second attack of its kind in the past few days, DNS
servers at Network Solutions were hit by a denial-of-service attack,
resulting in a brief performance degradation for customers, according
to the company."

http://groups.google.com/group/n3td3v/browse_thread/thread/a92bc5b744c99705/31bb362a6ddd0e37#31bb362a6ddd0e37

Regards,

n3td3v

Side note:
Please don't complain about not using a 'real name', you can always
ban me from Nanog, to which I will use another e-mail address the next
time I have something to add to the list. Dog chasing its tail for the
Nanog moderator I guess. However everyone knows who n3td3v is, and to
use any other name would be a great injustice to the list, in the way
it would be misleading and mystifying for people wondering, "is this
n3td3v on a 'real name'?". See you next time as n3td3v, and no other
name will ever be used as far as n3td3v and Nanog are concerned.