Network Solutions outage?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at renesys.com
Tue Apr 4 18:32:39 UTC 2006

>Here is the scoop.
>
>Dear Valued Partner,
>

>This morning our collocation provider suffered a global outage from 7:56
>a.m. to 10:02 a.m. (eastern) that impacted the Network Solutions systems.
>The provider’s outage affected access to Network Solutions products and
>services.  The provider has resolved the issues with their systems and
>access to our services has been restored.
>

>We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. Please
>note, you may experience latency today as we continue to restore our
>services to full capacity.  If you have any questions regarding this
>message, please contact your Partner Support Representative or e-mail us
>at

Elijah, thanks. We see 205.178.184.0/21 originated by 6245
and generally only advertised via 3561 pretty consistently.

The first withdrawals of 205.178.184.0/21 on 04/04/2006 were seen
around 12:00 UTC and from then until ~12:50 UTC the
prefix is announced sporadically then withdrawn everywhere.

Nothing is seen from them for about an hour and then everything
went back the way it was ~14:03UTC.

Just to be sure we weren't seeing any sort of root attack that
has been being talked about lately, I looked at F, I, and some
others and things looked in order.

Looks like 3561 could be writing the RFO.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574
                                               hannigan at renesys.com