Memory Refresher: Network Problem Over "X" Miles

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Sun Apr 2 12:30:47 UTC 2006

I seem to remember reading a story a while back about someone who got
a trouble report that the users couldn't access sites greater than
"X" miles away (can't remember X but it was like 100 or 200 or
something). Anyhow, tech initially disbelieves story, but sees it for
himself, and really odd network problem is diagnosed, problem solved.

However, I can't find this story to save my life now. Can anyone
refresh my memory on it?

Cheers,

[sorry if this got sent twice... it doesn't appear to have gone out
the first time, probably because it had an S/MIME signature attachment?]

--

Derek J. Balling
Systems Administrator