AT&T: 15 Mbps Internet connections "irrelevant"

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Apr 2 02:49:02 UTC 2006

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I meant IP-based STB's, like those made from
Amino, Entone, i3 Micro, Motorola's Kreatel, Cisco's Scientific-Atlanta,
Wegener, Sentivision and middleware from vendors such as Infogate,
Microsoft, Minerva, Orca Interactive, and Siemen's Myrio.  And now that
content providers are starting to require encryption, none of these earlier
pairs can actually be used unless they include conditional access solutions
from the likes of Irdeto, Latens, Nagravision, Verimatrix, Widevine.

DIRECTV does not use an IP-based STB, AFAIK, and delivers their content to
consumers via satellite, not using AT&T last-mile's infrastructure, which
initiated this thread.

Frank