Paul Vixie serving ORSN

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Sep 30 20:38:03 UTC 2005

# > you must have misread me.  see http://fm.vix.com/ today.
#
# I've read it. Twice now. I'd like some help on what part I've misread ?

"i'm indifferent to their reasons, as long as they don't add any new TLD's..."

# I don't think the independence argument holds, as explained by my previous
# message, therefor, one of ORSN's main argument: resilience; How is the
# community served better by converging from a set of 75+ roots deployed
# worldwide to a set of 13 roots european based. Or are you trying to give US
# based ORSN clients better proximity :)

it's enough for me that they're going to do it no matter what you (or i) say,
and that they're doing it responsibly (without any namespace pollution).  if
ORSN is afraid war is going to break out somewhere and that ICANN might delete
the ccTLD's for countries that are part of the "axis of evil", then ORSN is
probably just confused -- i don't think that's what would happen.  but as i've
said, i'm indifferent to their reasons, since they only publish data that was
at one time or another published by IANA.

and note, i won't be switching my own recursive lookups over to ORSN, since
i'm completely satisfied with the performance IANA servers, and i do not share
ORSN's concerns about "unsound zone changes".