[Pr-plan] Public-Root resolution problems and UNIDT (fwd)

Roy Arends roy at dnss.ec
Fri Sep 30 15:13:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Peter Dambier wrote:

> Statement of the Official Public-Root Representative

> Public-Root resolution problems
>
> I in my capacity as the Official Public-Root Representative and
> whistle-blower, asked Peter Dambier to publish to NANOG a notice that the
> Public-Root had fractured. Namely, the root in Ankara operated by Celep
> Bahadir who is also the UNIDT (www.unidt.com) representative to Turkey and
> the Middle East.
>
> There was an attempt by UNIDT to start a new root system called the
> United-Root. Attempts by Ankara to test this root on l.public-root.net at
> 195.214.191.125 resulted in a fracturing of the public-root network.
>
> The Ankara root injected a number of older records into the DNS resulting
> in false answers to queries. Ankara was also listing as root servers some
> DNS that pointed back to ICANN data and did not resolve the Public-Root.
> This was very unprofessional behavior on behalf of UNIDT resulting in a
> serious violation of their contractual obligations to the Public-Root.

>From Life of Brian, scene 7.

BRIAN:
    Are you the Judean People's Front?
REG:
    Fuck off!
BRIAN:
    What?
REG:
    Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean
    People's Front. Cawk.
FRANCIS:
    Wankers.
BRIAN:
    Can I... join your group?
REG:
    No. Piss off.
BRIAN:
    I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate the Romans
    as much as anybody.
PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA:
    Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.
REG:
    Schtum.
JUDITH:
    Are you sure?
BRIAN:
    Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.
REG:
    Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really
    hate the Romans.
BRIAN:
    I do!
REG:
    Oh, yeah? How much?
BRIAN:
    A lot!
REG:
    Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans
    are the fucking Judean People's Front.
P.F.J.:
    Yeah...
JUDITH:
    Splitters.
P.F.J.:
    Splitters...
FRANCIS:
    And the Judean Popular People's Front.
P.F.J.:
    Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
LORETTA:
    And the People's Front of Judea.
P.F.J.:
    Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
REG:
    What?
LORETTA:
    The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.
REG:
    We're the People's Front of Judea!
LORETTA:
    Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.
REG:
    People's Front! C-huh.
FRANCIS:
    Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?
REG:
    He's over there.
P.F.J.:
    Splitter!
GOLIATH:
    [pant pant pant] Ooh. Ooh. I-- I think I'm about to have a... cardiac
    arrest. Ooh. Ooh.
SPECTATOR:
    Absolutely dreadful. Hmm.
CROWD:
    [cheering]
REG:
    Yes, brother! Ha ha. What's your name?
BRIAN:
    Brian. Brian Cohen.
REG:
    We may have a little job for you, Brian.

Roy