[Misc][Rant] Internet router

Per Gregers Bilse bilse at networksignature.com
Thu Sep 29 22:51:50 UTC 2005

On Sep 29,  1:34pm warren at kumari.net wrote:
> I am sure that there are other, much more scary examples out there,
> feel free to send me (humorous) examples, I need a laugh today...

My finest "Dilbert moment"; it's over ten years old now, in fact.

Boss:  Per, I need you to write much more comprehensive reports than
       you do now.  I need much more detail.

Per:   But ... but why?  I already spend at least half a day every week
       writing reports.

Boss:  So I can help you become more productive.

100% genuine true story.

It got so bad that if there was nothing to report (ie, no outages, no
problems, everything just worked) "Boss" was convinced we (network
techies) were either lying, or superfluous.  But that was a long time
ago, I'm sure things have changed a lot ... :-)

Best,

  -- Per