Weird DNS issues for domains

John Dupuy jdupuy-list at socket.net
Thu Sep 29 17:20:17 UTC 2005

If you are talking about strictly http, then you are probably right. If you
are hosting any email, then this isn't the case. A live DNS but dead mail
server will cause your mail to queue up for a later resend on the
originating mail servers. A dead DNS will cause the mail to bounce as
undeliverable. (Oh, and if any of your subs are on mailing lists, they will
be unsubscribed en masse. A nice way to challenge your call center...)

John