Weird DNS issues for domains

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Sep 29 17:06:33 UTC 2005

> I just tested it from a Verizon DSL host and it worked.
>
> You might want to consider reading RFC 2182 though, particularly the
> part about geographically diverse nameservers.

Yeah, yeah,  that is overrated.  If my site goes dark and my DNS goes
down it doesn't really matter as the bandwidth and the web server
will also be down.  Having a live DNS server in another part of the
country won't help if the access routers handling the traffic for the
T1 to the school is also down.

Geographically diverse name servers sounds great in theory but for
this application it won't gain any redundancy.

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President