Turkey has switched Root-Servers

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Sep 27 21:46:10 UTC 2005

Hi James,

James R. Cutler wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I must have missed something here.
>
> Are there not individual root domains for each ISO-registered country,
> not just the US?  And, if there are individual root domains for each
> ISO-registered country, are they all controlled by the US?
>
> Please explain this in simple words.

The country domains obviously were not the right place. That is why
you find organisations, companies and whatever in ".com", ".net" and
".org"

I have a ".de" domain but I probably will lose it as soon as I move to
france. I cannot get a ".eu" domain because of bureaucratic reasons.
Anyhow I will lose it as soon as I move to Panama. So some 250 domains
are of no use to me. Sooner or later I will end up in ".com", ".net"
or ".org". Right now I dont have the money to bye me a ".com", ".net"
or ".org" domain. That is why I join with people like me building our
own root and selling toplevel domains to people who cannot afford
bying ICANN for monetarian or religious reasons :)

Kind regards,
Peter and Karin

--
Peter and Karin Dambier