Turkey has switched Root-Servers

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Tue Sep 27 21:42:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, James R. Cutler wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I must have missed something here.
>
> Are there not individual root domains for each ISO-registered
> country, not just the US?  And, if there are individual root domains
> for each ISO-registered country, are they all controlled by the US?

I'm not up on this exactly, but my reading of the NRIC report says that
some ISO document has all the 'official' (for ISO I suppose atleast) 2
letter abbreviations for country codes. These end up in the ccTLD list,
and then in the root servers delegated to the proper ccTLD auth servers
for that 2 letter code.

The ISO list isn't a US owned thing at last I recall...