209.68.1.140 (209.68.1.0 /24) blocked by bellsouth.net for SMTP

jc dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Mon Sep 26 17:20:21 UTC 2005

Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>>p.s.  Speaking of "unreasonable requests" - I feel it is unreasonable
>>for a member of the moderating committee to whine that he
>>can't filter
>>out "undesired" posts due to using a lame email client, and to then
>>coerce a poster into "tagging" these posts.

> There are no members of the ML admins saying that.

You were a member at one point.  I didn't know you had left that role
"back in May" as another post mentions.

> We were urged by multiple SC members to make our opinion
> on this issue (off topic junk) known.

The post in question was NOT "off topic junk".  It was a brief cite and
quote from a news article discussing the status of 3 major North
American Networks following an huge storm, such a post is 100% ON-topic
for the North American Network Operators Group.

Your position about tagging "off topic junk" may have merit but you
picked an ON-TOPIC post to whine about.  Shame on you.

jc

(cc'd to nanog to clarify my position to the whole list, replies set to
nanog-futures)