Call to Arms: Rita Scams

Matthew Sullivan matthew at sorbs.net
Fri Sep 23 23:44:45 UTC 2005

Gadi Evron wrote:

> This is a notice from MWP, the malicious websites and phishing research
> & operational mailing list.
>
> Over the next few days some of us are going to process information
> about sites that will probably be used for Rita scams.
>
> Through MWP resources and ISP connections we are going to make sure
> these sites are taken off-line as soon as we detect them.

In case you missed it, Steve Linford of Spamhaus, posted to the NANAE
newsgroup indicating he had been contacted by the FBI who also want to
follow up with any Rita Scams ASAP.  Instructions are please forward any
scams that arrive in mail to your local Spamhaus volenteer.  (IF you
don't know any you can forward them to me, and I'll make sure they get
there).

Regards,

Mat