HTTP Proxies used for Fighting Spyware: Feedback

trainier at kalsec.com trainier at kalsec.com
Fri Sep 23 20:49:48 UTC 2005

> perhaps a vendor neutral format file and a few tools to make
> squidguard/bluecoat/blah filters? :)

That's the point.  The filters I maintain are simply flat text files that
SquidGuard looks at.  It's very fast, too.
I'll put something together this weekend.

Tim Rainier
Information Services, Kalsec, INC
trainier at kalsec.com

"Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow at mci.com>
09/23/2005 03:56 PM

trainier at kalsec.com
cc
nanog at merit.edu
Subject
Re: HTTP Proxies used for Fighting Spyware: Feedback

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 trainier at kalsec.com wrote:

> So, got some free time?  I'd gladly start a project/database/website to
> put a malware blacklist database together.  The key to it being
> successful, is unanimous decisions on what is blocked and what is not.

perhaps a vendor neutral format file and a few tools to make
squidguard/bluecoat/blah filters? :)

> Again, if this is off-topic, my apologies.
> Speaking of which, can someone re-point me to document that explains
what
> is and is not considered to be on-topic?  :-)

this seemed on topic.