Tools classifying network traffic to applications

Joe Shen joe_hznm at yahoo.com.sg
Fri Sep 23 03:51:46 UTC 2005

hi,

> Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
>
> >>which can't really tell bittorrent (or ssh or aim
> or...) over tcp/80 from
> >>http over tcp/80... I think Joe's looking for
> something that knows what
> >>protocols look like below the port number and can
> spit out numbers for
> >>that... these, it would seem to me, would all
> require in-line traffic
> >>capture or mirrored port (mirrored traffic, not
> necessarily an ethernet
> >>port mirror) to be effective.

Yes, that's what I want-- Find out what application
use what protocol and what number, then apply that
result to netflow analysis system which could be used
to get statistics of multiple sites.

> We can do that up to 2Gbps; http://www.rommon.com/
> , BitTorrent, KaZaa,
> eDonkey, HTTP, etc. supported.

It seems to focus on P2P application. Is there tool to
support applications as more as possible( include p2p,
voip, web, ftp, network game, etc. )

regards

Joe

Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com