[afnog] ARIN to allocate from 74/8 & 75/8

Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Thu Sep 22 16:38:46 UTC 2005

Hi, NANOGers.

] due to filtering issues at the hosting provider of the cymru
] pingable, the data plane story is not as sanguine.  i am told
] it will not be fixed until the weekend.

That's not quite correct.  :)  One of our transit providers had some
outdated filters, and these have now been updated.  This was not the
case with our other transit providers.  Depending on the path you
took to reach our test network, you may or may not have seen a
problem.

Note that we are already seeing cases were a network will accept and
propagate the prefixes, yet have ACLs or other filters in place that
block access to them.  In other words, check both your BGP views and
a ping or traceroute.

We're working with two large providers now, and hope to have their
filters updated shortly.  As we come across problems, we are
reaching out to folks and asking them to make the necessary updates
or fixes.  YOUR input helps us to locate those trouble spots and get
them corrected before this address space is allocated to production
networks.

You can also help by referencing the latest Bogon list.

   <http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html>

Or make it easy on yourself and let Team Cymru do all the work.
Fire up a peering session to the Bogon route-servers today!

   <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/bogon-rs.html>

As always, if you are having difficulty reaching the three test IP
addresses, please drop us a note at team-cymru at cymru.com.

Thanks!
Rob.
--