[afnog] ARIN to allocate from 74/8 & 75/8

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Thu Sep 22 16:18:50 UTC 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Manish Karir wrote:

Thanks!

I don't understand something. Quoting from your page:
"Based on the above data, we can see that both these prefixes were being
(probably incorrectly) announced by AS9802 (CHINA-21VIANET 21vianet(China)
Inc.) prior to Aug 30, at which time they withdrawn and re-announced by
AS36666 (Team Cymru testing?)."

The ASpath was:
7018 6461 4134 4847 9308 9802
or
3356 3561 4134 4847 9308 9802
or
1239 6461 4134 4847 9308 9802

Ignoring the Chinese ASNs, AS3561 (Savvis) or AS6461 (Abovenet) should
have been checking AS4314 and all their downstream announcements for IP
hijacking.  Is this not being done?

-Hank