MCI refusing to turn up OC-3 due to katrina relief efforts?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Sep 21 20:30:32 UTC 2005

Howdy, has anyone heard of MCI putting orders on hold in order to help
with the Katrina relief effort? We ordered an OC-3 from them about 2
months ago and they've missed the install deadline 4 times now. The
reseller we're working with said that they claim that they can't turn it
up due to Katrina relief efforts. The local loop is installed and the
port is connected, they just cant turn the order up.

Has anyone else heard this or should I assume (as usual) the reseller is
BS'ing me?

-Drew