209.68.1.140 (209.68.1.0 /24) blocked by bellsouth.net for SMTP

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 02:20:13 UTC 2005

On 20/09/05, Alan Spicer <a_spicer at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> * In addition, Pair networks says the following:In our experiences, most
> blocks occur from users forwarding their domain email to an outside address
> such as Bellsouth.  Since a customer forwards all mail, legitimate and spam,
> the ISP will see the spam deliveries and block the offending IP, our server.

They really ought to filter inbound email more then. And/or
(preferably and) route .forward traffic out through a separate IP.
What the pair guy describes has bitten us too - and we've been
figuring out various ways to keep a tight lid on it, but isolating
.forward traffic is the first step.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)