Article - "skype killer" carrier grade app filter

Christian Kuhtz kuhtzch at corp.earthlink.net
Mon Sep 19 15:10:02 UTC 2005

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>Cites nanog posts and presentations to prove that skype is a bandwidth hog

Pfft.  Any other vendor making similiar products could belch out the
same marketeering spleek  The question is whether the regulatory
environment today and in the future will ever permit such manipulation.
I read the draft stuff that has been floating around as not looking
kindly on such things, but that could be wishful thinking on my part.

>The ceo of this company is apparently ex founder-CTO of NAP of the Americas.

He (Steve Odom) is "only" chairman of the board today (changed 8/1/05).

Best regards,
Christian