image stream routers

tony sarendal dualcyclone at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 21:33:04 UTC 2005

> ... until you get an inbound ddos over that shiny gige at 1.44 Mpps. in
> today's world, planning for normal circumstances is woefully insufficient,
> you have to spec based on worst case numbers because you're almost
> guaranteed they will hit your network upside the head in the future.

If I have a GE link and get DDOS'ed at 1.44Mpps I'm on the wrong side
of the bottleneck to do much about it, am I not ?

I don't disagree on that forwarding equipment should be able to handle
worst case situations, but I have never worked on a packet switching
network where that is the case, especially not when counting peers and
transits.