CAT5 surge/lightning strike protection recommendations?

Frank Coluccio frank at dticonsulting.com
Wed Sep 14 15:48:32 UTC 2005

re: ""what did your electricians say ..."

Back to lurking in a moment, but I should note that fire and safety code issues
are so shrouded in matters of locality and jurisdiction, at times, and bound up
in industry and governmental standards that are so esotric in nature, that the
typical electrical worker, and I dare say even most licensed electricians and IT
consultants, are totally unaware of the specifics, or they are given to gross
misconceptions and half-truths. This is so, not so much due to the complex nature
of the matter at hand, but due to a lack of regular exposure to it. Nufsed.

Frank A. Coluccio
DTI Consulting Inc.
212-587-8150 Office
347-526-6788 Mobile

On Wed Sep 14 10:58 , 'Hannigan, Martin' sent:

    I asked him "what did your electricians say" and the entire
    ground conversation went south.

    Good post. Thanks.

    --
    Martin Hannigan (c) 617-388-2663