CAT5 surge/lightning strike protection recommendations?

Wallace Keith kwallace at pcconnection.com
Tue Sep 13 20:39:38 UTC 2005

I've had good luck with Oneac products, such as RJELP100. That being
said, it's probably not a good idea to connect switches and/or pc's  in
different buildings with  copper. I'd use fiber between buildings if at
all possible . Differences in ground potential between buildings
(especially during electrical storms) can not only wipe out a switch
port or nic card, but could be lethal to the poor soul with one hand on
a mouse and the other on some nearby grounded object...
Regards,
Keith