Computer systems blamed for feeble hurricane response?

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Tue Sep 13 17:51:28 UTC 2005

On Sep 13, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:

> Attempts by agencies to spur the Federal Emergency Management
> Agency into urgent action were met with bouncing emails, the
> Journal said.

http://www.fema.gov/staff/extended.jsp

Lists an "IT Services Division" that has ~250 possible points of
contact.

Surely one of them has some clue... :-/  I think this sort of problem
shows the endemic disease currently in place at FEMA.  It's not just
an "IT gaffe" or firewall mistake.  It's a failure much more serious,
sadly.

-David