Multi-6 [WAS: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google]

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Tue Sep 13 14:31:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Christian Kuhtz wrote:
> Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> >On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:41:51 -0400
> > John Payne <john at sackheads.org> wrote:
> >>I have a very strong feeling that part of the lack of content providers
> >>on IPv6 is due to the lack of multihoming.
> >
> >No, I would say it is due to the lack of an audience that can _only_  be reached
> >(or even _best_ be reached) using IPv6.
> >
> >Once the audience is there, the content providers will follow.
> >
> Same issue really.  Audience isn't going to mature until those issues
> are sorted.

so.... 'chicken and egg' problem, which was why a month ago I said: "why
don't some content providers put up some form of their content on a
sidelined v6 path?" Perhaps a 'testing' path or a 'not wholey production'
path?

Some of the answers were enligtening (to me atleast)...

anyway, this has been some good discussion, and 2 more people are now on
shim6 :)