Multi-6 [WAS: OT - Vint Cerf joins Google]

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Tue Sep 13 03:22:24 UTC 2005

On Sep 12, 2005, at 7:43 PM, Tony Li wrote:

> Rather, what is needed is a mechanism that allows congestion control
> and
> mechanisms to feed into the address selection algorithms, so that when
> link does become saturated, some traffic (but not all! ;-), shifts to
> alternate addresses.

Not disagreeing, but where is that implementation or RFC or draft or
discussion?

We have something that works in v4 that a lot of places rely on... and
that is being taken away in v6 with nothing (that has been mentioned)
to replace it.

I'm just tired of people whining about the lack of v6 take up when the
tools needed for many sites.

And yes, I'm fully aware that I (and others) should have been active in
multi6... however, it never occurred to me that multihomed sites would
be left completely out in the cold with only a token gesture.