OT - Vint Cerf joins Google

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Sep 12 15:55:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 05:58:15PM +0300, Joe Abley wrote:
> There are a few exchanges who isolate v6 and v4 traffic on separate
> VLANs. Stats based on VLAN are a little easier to come by.

Yeah, a few. Dying quickly. The most relevant IXPs or the IPv6 world
aren't, they run real dual-AFI in a single VLAN. So I'd say that most
of the IPv6 traffic bypasses any IXP stats, either because the IXP runs
dual-AFI in single VLAN, or that IPv6 traffic is being tunneled via
proto 41 or GRE.

Best regards,
Daniel