OT - Vint Cerf joins Google

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Mon Sep 12 05:06:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

> I recall last month in our web servers was something like 8% with IPv6
> (average), but in my opinion most of the IPv6 traffic is peer-to-peer so not

8% seems high to me as well, I don't think I've ever seen my v6 traffic
over 1% honestly :( Why do you think it's mostly P2P traffic? Are there
P2P applications that prefer v6 over v4? or only work on v6? If a host has
v6 capabilities, in my experience, it'll use them atleast as often as v4
when given the chance.

I think the last v6 traffic study I saw still said +90% of the v6 traffic
was still ping/traceroute :(