routing around the Katrina Network Damage Report

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 01:58:55 UTC 2005

On 12/09/05, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
<bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com> wrote:

>         so, not security per se, more authentication...

Authentication, access control, basic remote and local vulnerabltiies,
viruses .. the works

>         those things are networkable now... as are these:
>         light switches, door locks,  keys,  skis, toilets,
>         stuffed animals, cars, elevators, bras, eye glasses,
>         and some currency.
>         ... the list goes on and on...

Scary isn't it?  Not to sound like a stone age technophobe but some
things just weren't made to be put on a network.  I mean, a bra for
god's sake .. unless someone wants to make a Lindsay Lohan + Brittany
Murphy movie on networked bras.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)