Katrina Network Damage Report

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sun Sep 11 19:08:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> On 9/11/05, Alan Spicer <a_spicer at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>>  love IPv6 more than you guys would ever give to a sole. Shoot I could run a
>>
>> big ISP on a single 48. God bless America.
>>

> Instead, you have small end sites getting /48s from tunnel providers,
> and then running maybe two or three hosts on those.
>
> And seriously, does the main assumption of v6, that every single
> toaster out there is going to become a v6 host, really not scare
> anyone?

It doesn't scare us... ever try nmaping a /48?

Instead of toasters, though which I think of as hyperbole, possibly
because my toster is ~40 years old, and still works fine thanks, think
digital set-top boxes and tv's that need bi-directional communication to
unwrap drm, That's order of a billion or so devices in the US over the
next 10 years.

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu