Katrina Network Damage Report

Alan Spicer a_spicer at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 11 18:26:02 UTC 2005

I don't think the point is that every thing could be connected to the
Internet but that the worry that 2 things can't be connected and ISP's get
to charge stupid fees for a static IP and that some countries other than the
US are severely starved for IP addresses. The reason IPv6 adoption is so
slow is because of things like NAT so the general public has no idea of any
IP Address shortage. Until they try to run any kind of server on the
Internet. If my ISP can give me a dynamic IP address on DSL for 100% of the
time, regardless of wether it changes when I disconnect, means there are
enough to give a static IP. I finally got one it took years to get it but an
upgrade to service includes it now. I think the broadband stuff like
increased DSL, and Cable and Cellular are going to starve these darned
hoarded IP's out of the US companies that hold them and finally get this
thing done one day soon. The fact that Google is looking at is I think is a
wakeup call to that.

Bellsouth.net isn't offering IPv6 which is crazy they should talk to google
I guess. So where is IP6 being done? I heard in mobile - cellular data?

---
Alan Spicer (a_spicer at bellsouth.net)