Katrina Network Damage Report

Todd Underwood todd at renesys.com
Fri Sep 9 18:13:52 UTC 2005

As promised, Renesys has released a brief paper on the effects of
Hurricane Katrina as seen from the Internet.  We cover the period of
land fall in some detail and also review the recovery efforts.

http://www.renesys.com/resource_library/Renesys-Katrina-Report-9sep2005.pdf

People who are interested should obviously read the report (and I'm
pretty sure it's on-topic, for once!  This might be the second
on-topic thread today.  Danger!).  But highlights include:

--the Internet was fine
--the Gulf Coast wasn't
--Louisiana was hit particularly hard
--many outaged prefixes still haven't been restored, 10 days later

We're happy to take questions on the report, the data, the
methodology, etc.

t.