Correct inclusion of rwhois info in WHOIS server output?

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Thu Sep 8 10:05:50 UTC 2005

> > Be carefull about using word "standard", there is no standard output
for
> > whois plus both for ARIN and other RIRs output depends on the options
used
> > when queries. In this case, I think you wanted to say that the problem
you
> > see is with their default output.
> >

> It would be SUCH a good thing if there was some move to standardize
these

> There is, of course, CRISP ..

CRISP is merely smoke and mirrors at present.

There is the whois format used by all the other RIRs which is,
I believe, based on RPSL. RIPE even makes their server freely
available. Assuming that there is some kind of database behind
SWIP and whois, it should not be that difficult for ARIN to
switch to using the RIPE format for displaying answers to
whois queries.

--Michael Dillon