OT: Yahoo- apparently now an extension of the Chinese govt secret police....

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Wed Sep 7 21:38:17 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 12:07:41AM +0200, Gadi Evron wrote:
> >Personally, I see doing business in China about as logical as, say, giving
> >430 6th graders laptops with Internet access, and expecting them to pay
> >attention in the classroom...  Oh, and cutting the sports programs to
> >afford those laptops.  Man, if someone had given me a laptop in 6th grade,
> >I would have sold it!
>
> Basic Trade:
> Some countries have an abundance of one thing while they lack another.
>
> So, what they have too much of is cheap, and too little of, is costly.
>
> It goes crazy from that point.
>
> China has a lot of cheap stuff and a lot of cheap labor, and importing
> from China and/or manufacturing in China is good business.
>
> To work in China, one of the biggest markets in the world, you follow
> China's rules. If you don't like the rules you don't have to.
>
> But what you guys spew out is China-hate. Is that the kind of propaganda
> you get fed in schools?
>
> I am happy we've been able to discuss this like adults, here on NANOG.
> After all, this is about human networking.

I do not hate myself or any other Chinese people.

I do hate the lack of respect for human rights shown by the mainland
Chinese government, and the slave labor prisons otherwise known as
"cheap labor".  And the lack of self-respect that allows others to turn
a blind eye to this for their own profit.

--
Joe Yao