SWIP and Rwhois in the Real World

Hyunseog Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Wed Sep 7 13:23:42 UTC 2005

BBN changed it's name to Genuity, and Level3 acquired Genuity.
4.0.0.0/8 was assigned to BBN prior to ARIN born.
So there is not much of control from ARIN.
But L3 may need to follow IP address transfer policy since the ownership
of IP address was changed.
I guess reclaiming the ip address may be hot topic, and it may requires
ARIN to have more staffs to back up to avoid potential chaos from
network operation and lawsuits.  ^.^

Hyun