UNITED.COM (United Airlines) has been down for days! Any info on this?

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at mci.com
Sun Sep 4 05:58:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

> > Nice try, but the location that I was trying from did not use
> > "alternative root servers".
> >
> > FYI: They are "Inclusive Namespace Servers".
>
> United.COM works from everywhere I try it. MCI, AT&T, Internap,
> and Sprint. I can run tickets, check miles, and check my dining
> points.

Since I started the thread a month ago... it seemed to me that the
problem(s) are intermittent and not always repeatable :( I was able to see
some very odd things in the dns resolution area for their site(s), which
others had confirmed being problematic over the last few months as well.

I'd think that lastnight's 'problem' was just another recurrence of the
same set of problems :(