Sprint LD routing affected by Katrina?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Sep 2 22:48:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Sean Donelan wrote:

> http://www2.sprint.com/mr/cda_pkDetail.do?id=660
>
> Long distance voice and data service to Sprint local telephone customers
> in Florida panhandle impacted, also to customers in Louisiana, Mississippi
> and Alabama; traffic rerouting efforts underway to avoid a key switch in
> the damage area.

I wouldn't consider Gainesville the panhandle...but we certainly seem to
be affected.  I just found that our paging gateway, which has a BellSouth
1FB and dials 18009094602 for cingular to send text messages to our phones
no longer works.  I get all circuits busy when I dial the number from my
home (BellSouth) phone as well, though as others, it works from my
Cingular cell phone.  Can anyone give/point me to a full list of numbers
for Cingular's pager/text message gateways?  Perhaps we'll have better
luck with another number or even an LD number.