Sprint LD routing affected by Katrina?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Sep 2 18:56:31 UTC 2005

Officials at Cingular Wireless LLC, Verizon Wireless, Sprint Corp. and
BellSouth Corp. reported separately at noon today that with flooding and
power outages in New Orleans, crews can't access cellular sites and
switching stations for repairs. Sprint.s crews are waiting in Baton Rouge,
La., until officials say it's safe to enter New Orleans, a spokesman said.