trying to move web site for New Orleans schools

Mark Boolootian booloo at ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 1 14:55:52 UTC 2005

Outside the NANOG charter, but given the current circumstances, this seemed
to be a reasonable forum for suggestions on solving this problem.

---

Subject: Web aid
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:05:22 -0500
>From: Paul Tatarsky <paul at tatarsky.com>

This is something that until a few minutes ago I never even
considered as part of this whole Hurricane fallout.

I got a call from a high school friend who lived in New Orleans.
He's in Florida now.

There is a emerging need to use the web to help scattered folks
get status from schools, businesses, etc. Many many servers are gone.
People are at relatives homes and are trying to use the Internet
to get status.

They want to swing DNS for their kids school to a new server but
cannot contact their sysadmin who has the accounts at Network Solutions.
Does anybody have an idea how to solve that?

But, I'm starting to setup a template BSD machine to provide basic
web vhosts and squirrel mail. We're going to start with his kids
school.

Here's all that is currently left electronically:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:009iQtpHviwJ:www.stuarthall.org/+&hl=en&lr=&strip=1

Paul Tatarsky                            paul at tatarsky.com
Sysadmin Consultant		  	 (608) 441-7365
             http://www.tatarsky.com/