TIA-942 Datacenter Standardization

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu Sep 1 02:20:41 UTC 2005

Eesh... I grabbed a copy of this thing. In a cursory over-read... I am
afraid if people (people defined by lim(clue) -> 0) start implementing
datacenters by this guide. This would be a BRILLIANT document as the
reading material for a college-level course. However, I'd be concerned
if a CxO reads this and assumes they are great if the document has no
conflicts with their implementation and they think they are in good shae.

Before I comment publicly on the issues I think I have with it, I want
to verify that the points I raise aren't covered in some sort of
disclaimer about being "out of scope" etc.  Essentially 90% of the
conversations folks have on nanog about datacenter designs are outside
of what this advocates building (in a very cursory overread).

DJ