cogent+ Level(3) are ok now

JC Dill lists05 at equinephotoart.com
Fri Oct 28 21:45:55 UTC 2005

Christopher Woodfield wrote:

> "...the companies have agreed to the settlement-free exchange of
> traffic subject to specific payments if certain obligations are not  met."
>
> So it does look like Cogent bent somwhat...I'm guessing they agreed  to
> pay some sort of "traffic imbalance fee"?

There are other possibilities.

Maybe they agreed to pay a transit fee should they fail to carry the L3
user's requested traffic as far as possible before handing it off (cold
potato routing) and hand it off at the earliest possibility (hot potato
routing) leaving L3 to backhaul it across the L3 network to the user who
requested the data.

Etc.

jc