fleet.navy.mil DNS / network ops contact please

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Fri Oct 28 12:34:21 UTC 2005

> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:36:22 +0530
> From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists at gmail.com>
> To: Curtis Doty <Curtis at greenkey.net>
> Subject: Re: fleet.navy.mil DNS / network ops contact please
> Cc: NANOG <nanog at merit.edu>
>

> On 27/10/05, Curtis Doty <Curtis at greenkey.net> wrote:
> >
> > The information you seek is traditionally stored in the SOA record.
> >
> > fleet.navy.mil SOA ns1.fleet.navy.mil. prnoc.fleet.navy.mil. 2005090600
> > 1800 900 3600000 1800
> >
> > Why there is no @ sign is a mystert left to the reader of the RFCs or of
> > the Cricket book. :-/
> >

> Traditionally, yes.  But again, TIA for a fleet.navy.mil network /
> dns contact ..  Email sent to quite a few role accounts, I assure you
> - no response that i know of And no navy.mil dns / network ops
> contacts in the puck.nether.net list eithet ..

Is this a connectivity issue?  If so, ...

I seem to remember reading somewhere in the news that the US Military
has cut off connectivity with all commercial sites/networks for members
deployed or overseas.  While I did not have email and such when *I* was
deployed 13-15 years ago, it may be that "fleet.navy.mil" is considered
part of that portion of the MILnet that was cutoff.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin