fleet.navy.mil DNS / network ops contact please

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Thu Oct 27 17:51:47 UTC 2005

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

>Could a dns ops contact for any of these hosts please email me offlist
>to help troubleshoot a network reachablity / dns lookup issue from our
>servers.
>
>thanks
>-srs
>
>ccsg3.navy.mil.         30M IN NS       ns2.fleet.navy.mil.
>ccsg3.navy.mil.         30M IN NS       dnsmail.uar.navy.mil.
>ccsg3.navy.mil.         30M IN NS       ns1.fleet.navy.mil.

The information you seek is traditionally stored in the SOA record.

fleet.navy.mil SOA ns1.fleet.navy.mil. prnoc.fleet.navy.mil. 2005090600
1800 900 3600000 1800

Why there is no @ sign is a mystert left to the reader of the RFCs or of
the Cricket book. :-/

../C

--
These are not the droids you're looking for. - Obi-Wan Kenobi