[nanog] Re: Hurricane Wilma

techlist techlist at smoton.net
Mon Oct 24 15:21:22 UTC 2005

Who is your transport into the NAP? Is it Bellsouth?

One interesting effect during the last hurricane was that Broward
county customers (Ft Lauderdale is in that county) had no dial tone
service but dsl was working.  Someone mentioned they lost the
tandem.  The comment was made that voip phones were working and not
the traditional lines which some found ironic.

I also see some people at the NAP down on XO but L3 and Broadwing etc
are up down the street.

With some more information perhaps we will start to see where some
common elements might have failed.

Anyone at the Bellsouth Grande CO with issues?

David Diaz