h-root-servers.net (Level3 Question)

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Oct 23 18:00:10 UTC 2005

* Daniel Roesen:

> On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 11:59:15AM +0200, Peter Dambier wrote:
>> I means, here in germany we cannot see h.root-servers.net
>
> Nonsense. There is nothing like "geopolitical routing".

I wouldn't call it "geopolitical routing", "routing according to local
policy" is more appropriate.  And it's quite common (especially in
Germany, for quite a few reasons).

> DREN seems to have a problem there.

Not clear to me.  A traceroute with the wrong protocol (i.e. not
53/UDP nor 53/TCP) is not particularly enlightening.

> I can see absolutely NO connection to any L3/Cogent dispute.

This is something I can agree with. 8-)