BGP Analysis BOF at NANOG-35

Mohit Lad mohit at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Oct 22 09:47:16 UTC 2005

Dear All,

This NANOG meeting in LA will feature a BGP Analysis Tools BOF on
Monday afternoon. The purpose of this BOF is to showcase some
existing free BGP analysis tools. (http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0510/
lad.html)

  Link-Rank is one of the tools to be presented in this BOF. Link-
Rank is a tool used to visualize BGP routing dynamics and a new
version is now freely available from http://linkrank.cs.ucla.edu/

At last Nanog, we got some requests from operators who were
interested in visualizing their own dynamics instead of Routeviews
and RIPE. Keeping this in mind, we have setup a temporary web service
where you can upload a small period of your ISP's BGP data to our web
server. This data will then be processed and made visualization ready
by NANOG time, so during the BGP analysis BOF, you can contact us and
be able to see your ISPs routing dynamics.
For more information goto:
http://linkrank.cs.ucla.edu/nanog35/

We highly encourage you to upload a MRT format Rib file and a small
period (a few hours) of MRT format BGP update logs to see if you can
find LinkRank useful at your ISP. Please email me if you have any
questions.

Thanks

Mohit Lad
UCLA.