/24 multihoming issue

Ejay Hire ejay.hire at isdn.net
Thu Oct 20 17:31:34 UTC 2005

Hi.

How long did you wait to see your block come back during
testing?  I've seen it take > 60 seconds in some cases.

For redundancy with non PI IP space, It's generally only
important that the ISP you are getting the IP block from can
see both routes, and that it sees it at the same level of
localpref.  (as path differences are okay, as long as they
are consistent.)  Since the isp providing the ip space will
announce an aggregate larger than your block, you should be
reachable as long as they can see both routes to you.

-e

On