IPv6 news

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Wed Oct 19 14:21:20 UTC 2005

On Oct 19, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

> Why is it that whenever people suggest that the IP networking
> world can learn from the experience of the telephony world,
> some people assume that the proposal is to imitate the telephony
> world in every detail?

Seems to me to be a species of the broader attitude among some that
any analogy or reference to anything outside of the IP world is
inherently flawed. On this view, there is no such thing as a good
analogy or comparison. All are equally bad and misleading. Full stop.

Perhaps an ungenerous observation, but this is exactly the sort of
attitude that one would expect of narrow experts in the field who
have no knowledge whether and how it might resemble or relate to
anything else...

Private editorial ends.

TV