IPv6 news

Todd Vierling tv at duh.org
Wed Oct 19 11:43:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com wrote:

> > Again, phone numbers and their portability can and should not be
> > compared with the IP address portability issues.  They're very
> > different animals.
>
> That's your elephant. My elephant looks different.

Survey says...  BZZZZZT.

Read about SS7 LNP implementation before speaking, please.

They are very different creatures.  Something that resembles telephony LNP
will not scale to the quantity of micro-streams currently used by WWW
applications.  The reason it works (FSVO "works") for telephony is because,
unlike TCP streams, telephone circuits are comparatively large streams with
much longer keepalive times.