Verizon outage in Southern California?

Matthew Black black at csulb.edu
Tue Oct 18 20:36:53 UTC 2005

> Around 2:20 or 2:30 a.m., I was awoken by my clock radio with
> three or more sets of soft buzzing noises--as though a radio
> station went silent. I checked my cordless phone and had
> dialtone, then went back to sleep. Is there any correlation?

I guess my posting wasn't clear. The radio portion of my
clock radio was completely off. The clock was working and the
alarm was set for 5:50 a.m. to turn on the radio.

My cordless phone sits adjacent to the clock radio. The cordless
phone near my bed is an extension sitting in its charging base
but it is not the base telephone station which is located in
another room and plugged into a POTS line.

During the night, my radio is normally silent. Maybe the noises
that I heard around 2:30 a.m. came from the cordless phone
instead of the clock radio. I just thought it was a conicidence
that I hear strange noises around the same time my local phone
company experiences a major outage.

matthew black
california state university, long beach